Douglas High School Mission Statement
It is the mission of Douglas High School to provide a safe, stable environment and to guide each student in developing to his or her maximum potential academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
Douglas High School Beliefs
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Students’ learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, and lifelong learners.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- It is each student’s responsibility to attend school regularly and to actively participate in the learning process.
- High expectations should be held for student learning.
- Each student will be challenged to set ambitious goals and to strive for these goals without fear of failure.